Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Our first trip to LA and baby update

LA was awesome. We got to visit with everyone and loved spending time with Aaron's family. It was time to come back home though. We got in yesterday. We stopped in Beaumont to eat and feed the babies. They do so well in the car. I hope it's always like that because there will be lots of trips to LA.
Last night after the babies 10 feeding they went to sleep and didn't wake up until 4:30!!! They must have been ready to get back in their bed. At 5 when when we put them to sleep they didn't wake up until 9:30am. It was nice I can only hope they do the same tonight.
We have been doing tummy time. I usually do it through out the day for a few minutes. Both babies enjoy it for about 5 mins until they start crying. Their heads are pretty strong though. Lily is about a week behind Preston also. He started following objects before she did and his head control is alot better than hers is.
Preston is eating 5 oz and Lily eats 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours. At night it's 4-5 hours. We are 100% formula now. I gave up breast feeding last week. It was so hard and I felt like I was nursing/pumping every hour. I haven't weighed them since before Christmas. I will weigh them before their bath tonight though. Lily is in newborn diapers and Preston in size 1. Both babies are in newborn clothes. They get so big so fast. I will be glad though when they start smiling, cooing and laughing consistently.

I hope everyone had a happy new year.

Love, Staci

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

It sounds like everything is going well - I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with Aaron's family.