Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just when things are going good!

The babies have been doing so well eating every 4 hours and taking 3 naps a day. Well Monday night they took their last bottle at 8 pm then went to sleep and woke up at 12, 3:30 am , 6:30 am and 9:30 am. I have no idea why they went back to 3 hours, maybe a growth spurt. So I decided last night I would take the advice of a friend and try a "dream feeding" that's where you give the baby a bottle right before you go to bed so they sleep longer and don't wake up due to hunger. OK so last night they ate after their bath at 8 then I gave them the "dream feeding" at 10pm, they both ate 2 oz and we all went to bed. At midnight both babies woke up for their regular feeding. HA I am sure they were laughing at me saying "thanks mom for the appetizer at 10 but we want the real meal now" After the midnight feeding they woke up at 4 am (Aaron woke up too and went to work!!!!!), then 8 am. I know you can not ever tell what babies are going to do from one night to the next. I guess that's why everyone says to sleep when they sleep. Easier said than done though. I am getting enough rest though. I just think it's funny that the dream feeding is supposed to make them sleep longer and both my babies woke up at their regular time to eat their regular bottle.
Ahhh I just realized they are 11 weeks old today :( they are getting so big so fast.
I am so excited to be working on their scrapbook. I have some ideas for pages that I need to get supplies for. I am planning to do 4 layouts for now: first bath, first smile, shh baby sleeping and hangin with dad. My friend Jenn has really inspired me to get back into scrap booking. I have never really been able to get into it but now I promise to finish what I start. Our church has a craft and crop once a month at will give me the chance to focus on nothing but scrap booking. The first one I am going to is this Friday. As I finish pages I will post them.

Staci

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

How funny about the bottles - I'm sure that it's different for everyone. My sister-in-law's youngest is about a month ahead of the twins and she's been getting cereal at night for about the last month and a half or two months just to try to keep her full through the night.

I can't wait to see those scrapbook pages... I just left Hobby Lobby - they aren't having much in terms of sales this week, but they have a 25% off coupon online for this week.

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Sounds like a growth spurt to me!

Your boy and girl are adorable! I love their smiles.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The babies are precious. Treasure this time because they grow so quickly. Mine are only 2.5, but I can barely remember when they were infants (of course, could've been the sleep deprivation).